Monday, September 12, 2011

A Reboot

I came upon a disturbing trend when playing some scenarios in WAR yesterday.

Half the scenario gave up after half a skirmish in Black Fire Basin. So I asked why.

They said they were outgeared and outleveled badly which is why they can't win. Well, of course you can't win if you give up and refuse to try to adapt to the situation. Sitting in the spawn also doesn't fix the renown gap.

When confronted with sitting in the spawn doesn't fix the renown gap, I was told that it's Mythic's job to fix the problem. Last I checked, it's not the developer's job to level your character.

So I decided I would do something about it. I wanted to see for myself if it was true.

So I created a brand new character on another server with no connections, no leveled toons, no nothing. I wanted to experience the game from the experience of a brand new player.

I want to see for myself if the gear/renown gap is now just an excuse, or if the gap was not closed enough in 1.4.2. I stop playing because the gap was way out of control and work was picking up. Well, I'm back now and ready to go at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment